As I drove through however many straight hours of pouring down rain, with one brief stopover at my favorite mall in Tupelo, Mississippi (birthplace of Elvis, in case you're wondering), I had several realizations:
1) Trying to pull out white hairs from the crown of your head while driving is never really a great idea. Especially in the dark.
2) My son was not created for long car rides, although driving until 3am was actually a smart move on our part.
3) It was not a smart move, however, for my bowels, or the bags under my eyes.
4) I wish had a DVD player. And an iPhone. And a driver.
Upon arriving home, I then realized the following:
1) Apparently I made it onto some crazed PR person's list because waiting for me were total of 24 dvds while I was gone, half of which are Barney.
2) I think I have dandruff, which isn't so bad except when you notice it at 3am after driving in the car in the pouring rain for 10 hours.
3) I really really really really really missed my house.
Edited to add: AND BRAVO! YAY TOP CHEF OH HOW I'VE MISSED YOU!
It's good to be home.